Article provided by: Safe Harbor Recovery Center
Are you suffering from advanced substance addiction? Visit our Virginia drug rehab today to take the first step to recovery. At Safe Harbor Recovery Center, we follow the most effective treatment approaches that ensure wholesome healing.
What is a Dual Diagnosis?
Dual diagnosis is when individuals with an addiction problem also suffer from a co-occurring mental disorder. Your therapist may develop a treatment plan to address the addiction issue along with the mental health problems. It is crucial to get treatment for the co-occurring mental health disorder to have the best chances at recovery.
As much as 45% of people with an addiction problem suffer from a mental health disorder. Some of the common co-occurring mental disorders include ADHD, bipolar disorder, depression, etc. Speak to one of our compassionate addiction treatment specialists to get help.
Benefits of outpatient rehab
At our Virginia drug rehab, we recommend outpatient rehab for those patients with a mild to moderate level of addictions. Outpatient programs are more flexible and offer the following benefits:
- Affordability - You can avoid the cost of lodging at a rehab center with an outpatient program. Outpatient programs are more affordable than inpatient rehab.
- Flexibility - Individuals with a commitment towards family, work, and the school can find an outpatient program more beneficial because you only have to attend rehab for 1-2hours a day for 5-6 days a week. This allows you to stay in the comfort of your home during treatment.
- Access to the family - Support from loved ones and family members plays a major role in the treatment process. Surrounding yourself only with people that care for you can keep you focused on the path to sobriety.
We offer the most effective outpatient rehab program at affordable prices. Get in touch with our team for more information on admissions.
What are the Warning Signs of a Co-Occurring Disorder?
The symptoms of the co-occurring disorders depend on factors like the substance of abuse, and the severity of the addiction. Some of the warning signs include:
- Change in behavior
- Inability to manage routine tasks
- Avoiding family, loved ones and friends
- Poor hygiene
- Cognitive impairments
- Thoughts of self-destruction or suicide
- Poor performance at work and school
If you are dealing with a mental health disorder, seek help immediately. Early intervention is crucial for most mental health illnesses, call us today.
Process of detoxification
Medical detox is the first step in addiction treatment. It prepares the mind and body to cope with cravings and withdrawal symptoms in a calm, composed, and pain-free manner. The clinical staff at the rehab will screen you for physical and mental health problems.
Following the evaluation, your doctor will work on stabilizing your mind and body with medications, psychological and behavioral therapies. Finally, your doctor will prepare you for detox by explaining to you the treatment process and what to expect after detox. After detox, you will follow a structured treatment plan at our Virginia drug rehab. Get in touch with our team at Safe Harbor Recovery Center for more details.
View Larger Map